Mention pizzica, and the Salento instantly springs to mind. Stay in an agritourism farmhouse in the very heart of the Salento, from where to explore the region and fully enjoy your holiday. In the summer months we recommend exploring the wonderful beaches in this area; in spring and autumn, no to be missed excursions to the many towns in the province of Lecce, such as Otranto, Italy's "Oriental Pearl". Typical Apulian Experience
Expert dancers demonstrate the pizzica steps and explain the legends associated with this particular dance; a mix of the sacred and the profane. In addition, with the help of a local tour guide and expert in history and folk traditions, you will discover towns linked to the pizzica: Galatina, Corigliano d'Otranto e Torrepaduli, where you can visit a tambourine workshop and watch a sword dance performance.
Price per person: starting from € 320,00
Minimum 6 participants
The price includes
- 5 nights B&B in agritourism farmhouse in Salento.
- Folk dancing workshop in a farmhouse
- Guided tour of a tambourine workshop in Torrepaduli.
- Sword dancing performance, an unusual form of the pizzica folk dance.
- Guided tour of Galatina and Corigliano d'Otranto
- Dinner in farmhouse, based on traditional products of the Salento area.